Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday Thunks (8)

1. So Halloween is this weekend, if you haven't heard. Are you gonna open your doors up or not?

I'm going to open up the front door. I don't really see a reason to open multiple doors.

2. You better open 'em cuz I'm coming... what are you putting in my treat bag?

I didn't buy the treats, so I don't know. Probably some pathetically small mass-produced chocolate thing. Not much of a reward for braving the swine flu threat and a rainy night, is it?

3. Since October is the bestest month for television (well for cable & dish subscribers it is) and there is a horror movie on at any given time of the day - are you sick of them yet?

I haven't watched any horror movies yet.

4. Which one of those movies can you watch over & over again?

Horror movies aren't generally something I watch over and over again.
Once you know what happens, there's not much suspense anymore.

5. Tell us about a Halloween scare you've had....

The big kids throwing flaming fireworks around (often at other people) always frightened me.

6. Did you watch the old Casper cartoons when you were a youngin? Well, back then they weren't old I suppose, but I'm sure you still understand my question.

"Casper, the friendly ghost. The friendliest ghost you know..." Of course.

7. Have you ever found a four-leaf clover?

Nope (is this a Halloween question?).

8. Haunted Houses... you know, the kinds you pay to get in and they chase you with chainsaws and severed heads.... do you like 'em?

Sure. I haven't been to one in ages, though.

9. Do you use cute cartoon type wrapping paper for Christmas presents or the not cutesy paper? Or are you one of those gift card and/or gift bag people?

I've used all kinds of things to wrap presents. Cartoon paper, elegant paper, recycled wrapping paper (if it's not too chewed-up), gift bags, tissue paper, newsprint, brown paper that I decorated myself... (What does this have to do with Halloween?)

10. How long do boiled eggs need to stay in the boiling water before they become hard boiled eggs?

Can you turn a boiled egg into a hard boiled egg by putting it in water? (Is this an Easter question?)

11. Jason is coming in through your front door... Freddy is coming through your back door... zombies are at every window of the house and Norman Bates is calling to invite you to dinner... what do you do?

Let myself be turned into a zombie, and then turn Jason and Freddy into zombies... and then go to dinner with Norman. That should be interesting...

12. Did you know that the scariest part of Halloween is giving all of your Reese's Peanut Butter Cups away?

Really? I thought the scariest part was the upset stomach from all the crap you eat.

13a. If you were to play a part of a haunted house (not the ghosts in the attic kind), what would you want to be?

I always thought it would be cool to be one of the people in the coffins who got to jump out and make people wet their pants.

13b. Have you ever played a part in a haunted house?

Yes. I was a screaming mummy.

14. If Thursday Thunks had a Halloween party, what do you think Kimber & Berleen would come dressed as?

I have no idea. But isn't an online Halloween party kind of pathetic? I mean... nobody can see your costume, so you're basically just dressing up and sitting in front of the computer.

15. Do you cook a turkey for Thanksgiving?

Not personally. But there's usually one at whatever family gathering I'm attending. (This question seems belated for us Canadians... We've already had our turkey day!)

16. Have you ever read a book that scared the pants off of you?

Hmmm... if I did, it probably wasn't a horror book. It would've been non-fiction... something I'd fret and worry about. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, though.

17. What's the predicted high temperature for today?

No idea. Probably around 10 degrees Celsius. I'm shivering here! (The furnace is slow to heat things up.)

18. Have you ever howled at the moon?

Not that I can recall. Maybe once or twice, in jest.


19.You are in an alley and a werewolf and a vampire are coming at you - one of them has to win. Which one do you want to bite you?


The werewolf. I already have some experience with turning into a crazy animal on a monthly basis, so aside from the extra hair, it probably wouldn't be that much of a change. (Plus, I wouldn't want to live forever. Werewolves aren't immortal, are they?)

No comments:

Post a Comment