Sunday, October 25, 2009

In My Mailbox (5)


Since Chapters split up my order, I got some of my books last week and the rest of them this week. Lots of non-fiction... I haven't read any in a while (I kind of miss it).

Here's what I got in fiction:

Crazy Beautiful
by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

I've been waiting to get my hands on this one for a while. I like fairy-tale retellings, and this one's nice and short. Hooray for books that don't give you carpal tunnel from trying to hold them up while you read in bed!

The Dust of 100 Dogs
by A. S. King

I heard about this one via book blogs, and I thought it sounded quirky and unique. I don't really know that much about it, but I'm looking forward to reading it!



Here's what I got in non-fiction:

The Akashic Experience
by Ervin Laszlo

I've read a few of Laszlo's books, and I find them absolutely fascinating. This one features contributions from "20 leaders in culture and science of their interactions with the Akashic field". His previous books had quite a bit about quantum physics, which I find absolutely fascinating.

Messages from Michael
by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

I haven't read any of the Michael teachings (in book form, anyway). This one has been around for a while; this is the 25th anniversary edition.


Memories of the Afterlife
edited by Michael Newton

I've read Dr. Newton's other two books on life-between-life regression. They were so interesting! This one is case studies from other practitioners who use Dr. Newton's techniques. I've looked at the table of contents, and I'm kind of excited to read this one; it looks like there's some good stuff in there. (And this book is just pretty. You can't see it from the picture, but there are swirly vines on the cover that are a slightly different texture. The flowery motif is carried through onto the pages as well.)

What was in your "mailbox" this week?



In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren.

6 comments:

  1. I love the cover for The Dust of 100 Dogs. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh interesting mix this week. I'd love to get my hands on Crazy Beautiful. I hear such great things about it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be interested to hear what you think of Messages From Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mix! Spirituality needs to be mixed with art, freedom of expression, and love of life.

    ReplyDelete