Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays (4)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Today's Teaser:

I rose and sat on our couch. "I don't know why they die."

She sat too. "I don't know why anybody dies, except when they're burned to a crisp by a dragon or skewered by a valiant knight." She thought for a moment and then shrugged. "I will find the cure, you know."

~ page 5 - The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

Yes, I know it's an older book, and I'm not reading it at this very moment, but I thought I'd share anyway. I bought this book in a boxed set (along with Ella Enchanted and Fairest), and this book actually turned out to be my favourite of the three. It's a quick middle-grade read, but still very entertaining.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I can't wait for the review. I just love when people read and introduce me to older books.

    It's something different from what everyone else reads and presents ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I can understand how someone might die by a dragon or a knight. Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like one my daughter would like. And me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a good book! Great teaser this week :) Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your teaser.
    This is the third post today that I have read in regards to one of the author's books.
    I am going to put this book on my to-read list along with Ella Enchanted.

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this book! It seems like only a few people have heard about it, so I was surprised to see it on your Teaser Tuesday. Thanks for the post!

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good! I am going to have to take a look at this book. I have heard some great things on this author. I am going to have to look into his stuff more. Thanks!

    If you would like to stop by, I have my teaser tuesday up...

    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2009/09/teaser-tuesdays-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo sounds intriguing. :) Here's mine:
    http://romanticharbor.blogspot.com/

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete