Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Does anyone know...

... the name of a book or series of books about a teenage girl whose boyfriend was a ghost? I remember reading one of the books years ago, and I'm trying to remember the title (or author... or even the characters' names), but I'm drawing a blank.

The girl was living, but the guy was a ghost. He hung around her house (often in her bedroom), and I don't think the girl was sure why he was there (I don't remember if he even knew).

And while I'm asking, does anyone know the name of the book about a group of kids with wings who end up in a sort of group home? It's probably about 10 years old... so it's not Aprilynne Pike's Wings.

Do these ring a bell with anyone?

Edit:

The mystery is partially solved. Thanks to Alex at A Flight of Minds for suggesting the Mediator series by Meg Cabot. I think that was the series I had in mind about the girl and her ghostly guy friend.

See, I knew someone would know what book I was talking about! :)

Edit again:

The mystery is solved! I used Amazon's advanced search and found the kids-with-wings book (guess I should have done that in the first place... but I didn't realize you could search by keyword!). It's called Growing Wings by Laurel Winter.

You know how sometimes certain books stay with you and you don't really know why? This was one of those books. It wasn't that I really loved it or anything... but I guess there was just something about it that was memorable.

7 comments:

  1. Is it Kissed By An Angel by Elizabeth Chandler? The plot sounds very similiar! I read it as a teen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't think that was it. The characters aren't familiar at all. Thanks for suggesting it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you mayebe thinking of the Mediator series by Meg Cabot? Suze can see ghosts and must help them pass on. Jesse, the ghost, has been living in the house for a long time. They don't really get together until a little bit but...

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah... you know, I think that might be it. I thought I read the books when I was a teenager, but the first one was published in 2000... so I was a tad older than that. LOL

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know... it sounds so familiar though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the book about the group of kids with wings could be the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that, Bookgeek, but I don't think that's it. Doesn't the Maximum Ride series involve genetic engineering or something? This book was just about a girl who started to sprout wings (like her mother had done years earlier), so she was sent to live with a bunch of other kids who also had wings...

    ReplyDelete