Thursday, September 24, 2009

Booking Through Thursday (6)



Booking Through Thursday asks:

What’s the saddest book you’ve read recently?

I guess there are a couple of ways you could look at this question, depending on how you interpret the word "saddest". So for a couple of interpretations, here are a couple of answers:

The "saddest" book I've read recently was Blue Moon by Alyson Noel. It was "sad" as in "terrible". It's terribly discouraging to see such horribly written books get published and soar to the top of people's lists of favourites. It makes me sad to know that that is what is popular... when there are so many better writers out there who never get the credit they deserve.

The "saddest" book I've read was probably The Time Traveler's Wife (even though I didn't exactly read it recently). This book was "sad" as in "hand-me-that-box-of-tissues-because-I-can't-stop-crying". I don't think I actually cried when I read it, but then, I'm not much of a crier when it comes to fiction. (Real life, on the other hand, makes me cry all the time.)

4 comments:

  1. I needed a box of kleenex for Time Traveler's Wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read Blue Moon but I did read Evermore and I think that fits into your first definition.

    As for the last book that made me cry, The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine would be 'Before I Die'. I couldn't even finish it, because I got too choked up every time I tried.

    ReplyDelete