Thursday, January 21, 2010

Word verification Balderdash (20)

This fun meme was started by Sheila over at One Persons Journey through a world of Books, and is now hosted by Ryan G of Wordsmithonia.
This is the weekly meme where anyone who wishes to play along can take those crazy word verifications they have had over the past week and apply a fake definition to them (much like how you play the board game Balderdash).

Here are this week's words:

afyinki - noun - a type of sock that has an open heel; some socks may become afyinkis by accident when they are in need of darning

barcatic - adjective - refers to roughened skin on the body, particularly on the elbows

crucers - plural noun - a variety of pastry; a crucer is tough and shaped like the pincers of a lobster, meaning that if you drop a crucer in your lap, you're liable to get pinched

inglist - noun - a list of -ing verbs; inglists are particularly useful to novelists who write in the present tense

ovlrot - noun - a condition that afflicts artists; ovlrot affects the ability of the artist to draw proper circles, ovals, and ellipses

smolisms - plural noun - sayings first uttered by the avant-garde (if somewhat unoriginal) poet daniel smol, whose claim to fame was eschewing capitalization

4 comments:

  1. Love how you've labeled the words as nouns or adjectives! Especially like ovlrot, which sounds like a terrible affliction. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have a name for that winter rough skin on my elbows I work so hard to get rid of!

    I would love to have that inglist! That would be great to have on file.

    I am always amazed how you have the type of speach the word is. I don't think I can do that. I think about it when I post mine but I find it hard to do.

    Another great week!

    ReplyDelete