Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm Drowning in Books!

I know I came across this book-sharing site at some point, but I can't seem to find it again (I don't know if that means it's gone, or if I'm just looking in the wrong place). It's not BookMooch that I'm thinking of. It was a site that allowed people to post the titles they wanted to get rid of, and others could pay the postage and get the book sent to them.

Does anyone know what site I'm thinking of? I really need to get rid of some of these books that I've already read. The piles are starting to teeter...

UPDATE:

Thanks, guys. I think maybe it was Kristi's site... but if it's closed now, that's no good.

I should have also mentioned that I'm in Canada, so Goodreads and PaperBackSwap.com aren't options. Darn.

Does anybody have any ideas about what I could do with all these books? Contests? eBay? Amazon Marketplace? What do you do with like-new books that you no longer want?

6 comments:

  1. I don't know which site your talking about, but if you live in US, paperbackswap.com is an option. Unfortunately for me i'm Canadian =P

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you speaking of the one that Krisi of The Story Siren had? I don't remember the name right now, but she closed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paperback book swap? That is where I am...

    http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?n=8&r_by=readermuse

    This gives me credits if you join. ;) Friend me no matter what you do if you are there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could it have been Kristi's book for Grabs? Or I think they have a similar feature on Goodreads but it is only open in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O thank goodness you have some great suggestions above :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sell on Amazon.com :) Not the best money maker but it gets the job done.

    ReplyDelete