Saturday, January 30, 2010

Share-A-Book Saturday (21)

This is something I found over on Just Another Book Addict =), and I thought I'd do my own. There are so many great books out there that get overlooked (especially if they've been out for a while)!

Every Saturday, you share (recommend) a book, preferably one that you haven't reviewed yet. It's just a way to get other books out into the blogging world. This is NOT a review.

Today I'm going to recommend Both Sides of Time by Caroline B. Cooney.

Imagine changing centuries--and making things worse, not better, on both sides of time.

Imagine being involved in two love triangles in two different centuries. What if, no matter which direction you travel in time, you must abandon someone you love?

Meet 15-year-old Annie Lockwood, a romantic living in the wrong century. When she travels back a hundred years and lands in 1895--a time when privileged young ladies wear magnificent gowns, attend elegant parties, and are courted by handsome gentlemen--Annie at last finds romance. But she is a trespasser in time. Will she choose to stay in the past? Will she be allowed to?

I read this book years ago. It's one that has really stuck with me... both for the time-travel aspect and for the romance. For anyone who's ever felt that they were born in the wrong century, it's nice to be able to live vicariously through Annie.

There are four books in this series. I've read the first two, and they're both good. I can't vouch for the third and fourth, though; perhaps I'll have to read them myself someday! The books are:

Both Sides of Time
Out of Time
Prisoner of Time
For All Time

Amazon also carries the stories in two volumes, each of which contains two books:

The Time Travelers: Volume One
The Time Travelers: Volume Two

2 comments:

  1. The sound of book is very nice. I never heard of the series before, and i doubt that i can find them in my library. I think the cover of the book is very scary,like a ghost is chasing her in a bad way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a fair amount of Caroline B Cooney, but I've never heard of this series. And I *love* time travel! So thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete