Sunday, January 17, 2010

Recent Awards

I've received a couple of awards recently, so I guess it's time to do another awards post.

A little while ago, I received the Humane Award from Cate at Sparrow Review:


This award is to honor certain bloggers that
are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary book review blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendship through the blog world.


Nominate 10 bloggers you feel deserve the Humane Award.

  1. Becky at The Bookette
  2. Melissa at Books and Things
  3. Juju at Tales of whimsy...
  4. Ryan G at Wordsmithonia
  5. Nina at J'adorehappyendings
  6. Melissa at My world
  7. Kay at The Infinite Shelf
  8. Lauren at I was a teenage book geek
  9. Kate at The Neverending Shelf
  10. Choco at In Which a Girl Reads


I also received the Happy 101 Award from Helen at Helen Loves Books:


List 10 things that make you happy and then give this award to 10 book blogs that brighten your day.

Ten things that make me happy, eh? Let's see...

  1. Dog antics
  2. A good book
  3. The sound of rain on the roof
  4. Christmas lights in February
  5. Being creative
  6. Seeing the women I've lent to on Kiva pay off their loans
  7. Nature
  8. Infinite possibilities
  9. Things that make me laugh
  10. Beautiful blogs

I'm going to pass this award to:

  1. Charlotte at The Book on the Hill
  2. The Evil Ones at 3 Evil Cousins
  3. Eleni at /-LA FEMME READERS-/
  4. Amy J at My Overstuffed Bookshelf
  5. Yan at Books By Their Cover
  6. Kristen M. at We Be Reading
  7. Jackie at My Ever Expanding Library
  8. Orchid at The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia
  9. Cat at Beyond Books
  10. Sarahbear9789 at Sarah's random musings...

A big thanks to Cate and Helen. You guys made my day!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award and congrats on yours. I love what you have done with the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with the great awards you've been given too and ofcourse thank you for thinking of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award! I appreciate the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the awesome award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you so much! Let me tell you, those awards are well deserved, too : I love your blog :D Thanks again and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the awards! And thanks for thinking of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your lovely awards, and I'm flattered that you though of me for one. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your awards!

    Thank you for being so kind! Thank you for the wonderful compliments.

    I will have to post the award soon.

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. O darling! Thank you! This is awesome! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new layout! Thank you girl, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Ladybug and congratulations on your awards. I already have the Humane Award so I won't pass it on this time. But thanks for nominating me because I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And another award for ya!!

    http://melissawatercolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete