Monday, November 9, 2009

Musing Mondays (12)

Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page...

Does your house have a communal bookshelf? If not, is your bookshelf centrally located so everyone has access to it?

Our house has a communal bookshelf, but none of my books are in it anymore, since I have my own shelf in my room. When I was little, my books were in the communal bookshelf. But now that shelf is mostly home to my parents' stuff.

The bookshelves in my room (I have a proper bookshelf, plus shelves in my closet that are sagging under the weight of many volumes) are off-limits to anyone else. I'm persnickety about my books. I'm not a lender.

1 comment:

  1. My son has his own shelves and I have my own shelves. And they are in our bedrooms. Being that is the only place we really have room but we really don't share with other people either. I feel bad about not sharing and would like to, but I have sticky notes all through my books to help me remember when the next book comes out and thoughts I had as I read it when I read them the next time around, I might pick up something I missed before.

    So we are not sharers either. I am so afraid I wont get them back or the condition will be ruined as well.

    ReplyDelete