Saturday, April 27, 2019

Review - The Loud Book!

The Loud Book! (The Quiet Book)
by Deborah Underwood
illustrated by Renata Liwska
Date: 2011
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin
Reading level: C
Book type: picture book
Pages: 32
Format: hardcover
Source: library

BANG!
CRACKLE!
BOO!

Just like there are lots of quiets, there are also lots of louds:

Good louds

(HOORAY!)

and bad louds

(CRASH!)

And louds that make you feel like you are the center of attention

(BURP!).

The Loud Book compiles all these kid-friendly noises from morning to night, in a way that is sure to make readers CHEER!

(synopsis from Goodreads)

Here's another fun entry in The Quiet Book series. I've still yet to read the first one, but I'm really enjoying these others.

Like The Christmas Quiet Book, which I read last year, The Loud Book! features a cast of fuzzy critters engaging in everyday activities... some of which are LOUD. The illustrations by Renata Liwska are adorable, and the facial expressions on the characters' faces are absolutely priceless. (I particularly liked the page with the bears glaring back at the reader in the movie theatre; I actually felt like I'd made too much noise with my candy wrappers!)

I can't wait to get my hands on The Quiet Book so I can see how this all began. The premise of these books is simple, but they're really lovely to look at.

Premise: 4/5
Meter: n/a
Writing: 3/5
Illustrations: 5/5
Originality: 4/5

Enjoyment: 4/5

Overall: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment