Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Review - I Want a Friend!

I Want a Friend! (My Little Princess)
by Tony Ross
Date: 2005
Publisher: Andersen Press
Reading level: C
Book type: picture book
Pages: 32
Format: e-book
Source: library

The Little Princess can't wait to start school! At first, she finds it difficult to make friends and she is left all alone. But she soon finds there are other children with no friends, and before she knows it she has more friends than she can count!

(synopsis from Goodreads)

I didn't find this book as enjoyable as some of the others in the series. While it's kind of amusing to see the princess and all the other "friendless" children all being friendly with each other (oblivious, much?), there's really not a lot of story here.

This is fine for fans of the series, but I think some of the other books are stronger.

Premise: 3/5
Meter: n/a
Writing: 4/5
Illustrations: 3/5
Originality: 4/5

Enjoyment: 3/5

Overall: 3.33 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment