Friday, November 6, 2009

I have a question about blog templates...

I really like the look of some blog templates that I've seen, but I don't know what the format is called so I don't know what to search for (I'd like a tutorial on how to make my own... not just templates that I can download).

Examples of what I'm looking for can be seen here and here. Basically, the blog has a bottom edge (I guess the main text area resizes as you add posts?) and a footer where you can add images and whatnot.

Does anyone know what this type of layout is called and where I can find a tutorial on how to make my own?


  1. No idea. I know there's a word for the kind you're using now, where only the middle moves when scrolled, but I don't know what term you'd apply to "full page" templates? Your current is like a "fixed" image template or something.

    Good luck though. :) Finding a perfect template is very difficult. I want to get mine personalized but I need a new name first. :(

  2. Good luck! I searched for something like this for ages and never managed to find anything. If you do find a tutorial, let me know!

  3. The look of those are nice. I like those, but I can't help you with the tutorial. Sorry. I am still wondering how to make the tabs on the top of the page. Like yours for Home, Reviews, Links, & Awards.

    Oh well, sorry I couldn't help you. Good luck to you, as I hope you do find someone to help you.

  4. I'm with Brizmus - if you find a tutorial, please let us all know! I'm using a generic blogger template and have tweaked it a little, but still can't get it to do what I really want. :(

  5. I don't know a tutorial but I think I have a pretty good Idea how to do that.

    Just email me and I'll try to help you