Monday, October 12, 2009

Musing Mondays (9)

Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page...

This past week, Borders re-released its 100 Favourite Books of All Time. Do you vote in these kinds of polls when they arise? Do you look through the list, or seek out books featured?

I don't vote in those sorts of polls, unless I'm on a site where it's really easy to do so (if I have to sign up and/or provide personal information, I won't bother).

I might look through the list, but I probably won't seek out any of the books featured. The whole Twilight phenomenon has driven home the point that "popular" does not necessarily equal "good". I'd rather choose books based on actual reviews from readers I trust... rather than from a ranked list.

1 comment:

  1. I like this question. I am curious to see what others post in your comments on it.

    I don't really get into these polls either. When the list comes out I may look at it out of curiousity but I don't use the list to get my next book. A lot of times what is on the list may not be what I would read. Not saying it is or is not a good book but more not my style.

    I always try to do more looking into a book before I go get it. Just me being a little crazy I guess.

    ReplyDelete