Monday, October 5, 2009

Musing Mondays (8)

Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page...

Last week we talked about keeping a wishlist. Why not pull out that list and show us some of the books you’ve been eyeing off?

The wishlist of novels I'd like to own and read is way too long. At the top of the list, though, are:
1. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - For the longest time, I only read super reviews of this book. Now a few not-so-great reviews are starting to trickle in. I'm still intrigued by the premise, though, and want to read it.


2. Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted - I looked for this the last time I was in the bookstore, but they didn't have it. Not one single copy. Isn't that the whole point of big-box bookstores? All the books you could ever want in one place?


3. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly - I just recently heard about this one, and it sounds really cool. Amazon says the paperback came out two years ago, so it's not new (but why should I only be reading "new" books? If I haven't read it, it's new to me).
Much of my wishlist on Amazon is taken up by non-fiction books. Up until recently, I think I was reading more non-fiction than fiction (it goes in cycles, though... I read a ton of fiction during and after my first year of university). The top non-fiction books on my list are:
1. Memories of the Afterlife edited by Michael Newton - Because his first two books about life-between-life regression therapy were just so interesting. Seriously... sometimes non-fiction is more entertaining than fiction. This book is apparently case studies from other practitioners (not from Dr. Newton's own practice, as is the case with the first two books), so I don't know if it'll be as good. I'm still intrigued, though.


2. Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Photography by Ferrell McCollough - High dynamic range photography has fascinated me ever since I first saw some really cool HDR images on the Internet. I'd like to learn how it's done... and this book looks pretty good.


3. Saharasia by James DeMeo - I heard about this book in Steve Taylor's The Fall, as Taylor draws heavily on DeMeo's theories. I loved The Fall, and I'd like to read Saharasia as well; if it's even half as fascinating, I'll be a happy reader.

5 comments:

  1. 1. I really liked hush, hush but I didn't love it.
    2. I can't wait to read Crazy Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got great books on your list. Love the covers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy Beautiful and Hush Hush are high up on my wishlist too!

    p.s. I left you an award on my blog

    http://jennifermorrill.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/its-monday-yet-again-my-planned-week-in-books/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I also really liked Hush, Hush but didn't love it -- I gave it 5 stars because I enjoyed it but I'm thinking I should have given it 4 now. Have you ever read a book and then felt a little different about it a few weeks later?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Hush, Hush as well on my list. I have so many it is just not funny anymore.

    I have:
    1) the series of Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper
    2) Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
    3) Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble

    I could go on forever here but those are just a few I have on my list.

    (Before I forget I wanted to let you know I have a few awards for you over at my blog.http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete