Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List.  Ahh, the good ol' TBR list.  Mine has gotten away from me as of late, with so many freebies and discounted titles filling up my e-reader.  But there are some that I definitely want to get to sooner rather than later.  I doubt I'll get through ten books this summer (I've only read thirteen books so far this year), but these are the ones that are at the top of my list:


Days of Blood & Starlight and Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor - I don't actually have these books, but the library does.  I'm hoping to get my hands on them sometime this summer.  I really want to finish this series!

Feed by M. T. Anderson - It's an award winner, and I've had pretty good luck with those lately.  It sounds a bit different from what I usually choose to read, but interesting nonetheless.

Fracture by Megan Miranda - I'd never heard of it, but the story sounds pretty interesting.  The blurb says it's for fans of Before I Fall (which I loved) and If I Stay (which I hated)... so we'll see!

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I picked this up on a recommendation from Amanda (from Of Spectacles and Books).  The giggle-worthy cover always made me ignore the book whenever I saw it, but the story sounds like it might actually be fun.  I haven't read anything with aliens in a long time...


Plain Kate by Erin Bow - This book has been sitting on my e-reader forever.  I keep hearing how good it is, and yet it keeps getting pushed to the bottom of my TBR pile.  I'm hoping I'll get a chance to read it this summer.

The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani - I've read mixed reviews about this one, though on the whole it seems to be pretty well received.  I want to read more than just YA this summer, so a little MG won't hurt.

The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors - I have to have at least one fairytale retelling this summer!  I know Suzanne Selfors is a fairly solid writer, so I'm hoping to enjoy this story (which is apparently a take on "The Ugly Duckling").

A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz - Here's one more MG title, and it also takes its inspiration from fairytales.  I've heard good things about this one, too.

Timebound by Rysa Walker - I recently read a time travel novel that I enjoyed, so I thought, Why not go for another?  This one hasn't been in my TBR pile for very long, but it looks interesting enough that I want to read it soon!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of most of these titles, unfortunately, but I hope you enjoy them all!

    Happy Summer Reading!

    -Elizabeth @ Book YAbber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do want to read the Laini Taylor trilogy and also School for Good and Evil - they look really great

    ReplyDelete