Thursday, June 5, 2014

Booking Through Thursday (28)



Booking Through Thursday asks:

What’s the furthest you’ve ever gone to get something to read? (Think extremes as well as miles—wrangling a ride from a stranger to a distant bookstore just to get the newest book from a favorite author?) If your absolute favorite author (living or dead) was coming out with a brand new book tomorrow, how far would you go, what would you do to get a copy?

I don't think I'd go very far at all.  I don't have to be the first person to read something, so I'm usually content to wait until I can easily access a book.  Putting books on my wish list and reserving them at the library... that's about the extent of it.

That said, I have bought books from overseas sites (because the books weren't available in North America at that time).  But that's about as "extreme" as I've gotten.  I didn't actually go to England or Australia to pick the books up; now that would have been extreme!

1 comment:

  1. Same here. The only books I got the day they came out were Harry Potter and Hunger Games sequels - but mostly because I knew there'd be spoilers galore on the book sites I go on!

    ReplyDelete