Thursday, June 26, 2014

Booking Through Thursday (31)



Booking Through Thursday asks:

Do you still get excited about new books as you did when you were little? In general? New books in particular, like from a favorite author? Or do you look at all new, unread books with the same level of anticipation?

If I'm being perfectly honest, I don't really get excited about new books at all anymore.  I mean, I'm excited when I get them, because it's always nice to have new things to read... but I don't really go crazy with anticipation or fangirlish glee.  I've been disappointed too many times, and often with books I was really looking forward to... so I guess I've gotten a bit jaded.

When I was younger, I read a lot of series books (e.g., The Baby-Sitters Club, Sleepover Friends, Sweet Valley Twins, etc.).  New installments were released regularly.  It was cool to be able to have something to look forward to.  Plus, you pretty much knew that you were going to like the book (because they were all kind of the same)!  Even then, though, I don't remember getting overly anticipatory.  If you missed one, you could always pick it up later and not have missed anything.

1 comment:

  1. I do love anticipating books from favorite authors, and I have a number of those. I limit the review books these days, unless I know the author's work. I've gotten some stinkers, too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete