Thursday, June 19, 2014

Booking Through Thursday (30)



Booking Through Thursday asks:

All other things being equal, what is your favorite format for reading? Hardcover? Paperback? New book? Old book? Leather-bound first edition? E-book?

A few years ago, I probably would have said that a new hardcover was my favourite format for reading... as long as it didn't have deckle edges; I really dislike those.

Now, though, my favourite format is e-book in PDF, with its page-to-page equivalence to printed books.  I'm not crazy about how most Kindle and EPUB books are formatted, with "locations" or a certain number of characters determining the page count.  It's something I still haven't gotten used to.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting about the deckle edges and how things can just be so unappealing to us. I was just telling my DH that after preparing tonight's casserole, I just don't feel like eating it! Weird!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hate when the formatting has "locations" too. I like real page numbers....Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me a weirdo but....PDF is the one format I don't care for. Just bugs me and I have no idea why. Maybe it is just a matter of getting used to it. Need to work on l o v i n g PDF. Thanks for inspiring me :D

    ReplyDelete