Okay... so I guess this is my post! I really need something to help get me through some of my other challenges, as well as start to tackle this TBR pile (which is not so much a pile anymore as a self-replicating book creature that's starting to spread all over my bedroom).
Essentially, Fall Into Reading 2010 is a fun, low-pressure reading challenge open to anyone and everyone. It will take place September 22nd-December 20th (which, as you may have guessed, is the fall of 2010).
To participate, here’s what you need to do:
- Create a list of some books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge.
- Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). However, this is not required; setting additional goals is completely optional.
- Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd.
- Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge. I’ll have an official launch post up that morning, complete with an area for you to submit a link to your personal Fall Into Reading post, where it will be added to the master list of participants.
- Read! Work on your goals throughout Fall 2010.
- Report your results. Write another blog post in December to let everyone know how you did. (I’ll post an official wrap-up to the challenge on December 21st, where you’ll be able to share your results.)
- Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your fall reading!
This list is subject to change. A ladybug () will sit next to the title when I've finished a book. I know it's a bit late to be starting, but here are the books I want to get through in the next three months:
1. Draw the Dark by Ilsa J. Bick
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
4. Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
5. The Puzzle Ring by Kate Forsyth
6. The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
7. 100 Cupboards by N. D. Wilson
7 / 7 books. 100% done!