Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday's Question of the Day (16)


Monday's Question of the Day is hosted by Eleni at /-LA FEMME READERS-/

Question:
What catches your eye about book covers?

My Answer:
Well, I like pretty covers. Simplicity is sometimes best. I don't know... I think it's easier for me to think in terms of covers that would discourage me from picking up a book. If it looks like a Twilight copy, I probably won't touch it. If it's got something gory or gross on the cover, I probably won't pick it up. If the cover looks like a Photoshop project done for an elementary school art class, I might assume the story is just as amateurish.

I've learned not to judge books too much by their covers, though. There are some covers that I think are absolutely gorgeous (Wicked Lovely, Blue Moon, Twilight)... but I hated the stories between the covers. I feel sort of misled when that happens. It's like an awesome cover promises an awesome story... and when that doesn't happen, it's disappointing.

1 comment: