Monday, December 15, 2014

Fairytale Retelling Challenge 2015

The Daily Prophecy

I feel like reading some more fairytale retellings, so I thought doing this challenge next year would be a good way to encourage me to do that.  There are some interesting books coming out next year that fit into this category, and there are also quite a few in my TBR pile and on my want-to-read list that would work, too.

This challenge is hosted by Mel over at The Daily Prophecy.  I'm not going to stress myself out with an unattainable goal, but I'm hoping to get through a few retellings next year... so I'm going to go with the Magic Mirror level, which is 5-9 books.

Here are the books I've read (to be added as I finish them):

1. Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
2. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
3. The Wide-Awake Princess by E. D. Baker
4. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
5. Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
etc.


5/5 books. 100% done!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I adore fairy tale retellings! Thanks for the heads up!

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will go sign up for this challenge too - I love some retellings and there are some awesome ones coming out soon!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this looks like a fun challenge! Best of luck to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely participating in this one. Sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for the post! I would have missed out.

    Ally
    http://thescribblingsprite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining! Good luck and happy reading during the challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be easy to read fairytale retellings next year, so many of them are coming out! Cinder will probably still be my favorite retelling, but I plan to read more too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh you should read Entwined by Heather Dixon! It's a re telling of the 12 dancing princess and the authors plot developing is just amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw that one at the library. I might have to check it out!

      Delete