Monday, September 6, 2010

Musing Mondays (20)

Musing Mondays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

If you knew you only had 30 days left to live, would books and reading still hold such a great priority in your life? Or, would you set aside your reading to do something else, spend more of your time elsewhere? What would you do, instead?

Well, since I only read before bedtime (and I'd still have to go to bed, even if I only had 30 days left to live), I'd probably still read. I would at least want to finish the book I was currently reading. I don't think I'd make a point of trying to read all the books I could, though.

Instead, I'd want to be out experiencing things. I've spent most of my life reading about things rather than experiencing them. Knowing I only had 30 days left might give me the push I need to get out and actually do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment