Thursday, September 30, 2010

Booking Through Thursday (21)



Booking Through Thursday asks:

If you read series, do you ever find a series “jumping the shark?” How do you feel about that?

And, do you keep reading anyway?

That seems to happen a lot.  The worst is when it happens after the second book.  Examples I can think of include The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner and The Immortals series by Alyson Noël.

And if a series "jumps the shark", no, I do not keep reading.  Once a series loses my interest, I move on to other things.  There are too many books to get through; I don't want to spend time reading something I don't enjoy, just for the sake of finishing a series.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard that expression before. What does it mean? The blog is looking gorgeous these days, by the way. And thanks for the congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your ability to let it go. I tend to keep trying, far too many times sometimes.

    ReplyDelete