Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier:

10. a good dictionary - I like to think I have a decent vocabulary, but I'm still forced to look up words from time to time.  It's always fun to learn something new!

9. gift certificates to book stores - So I can put more books in the TBR pile!

8. crappy offerings on network TV - This gives me an excuse to read in the evenings.  Rot my brain with reruns or escape to a new world in a book?  The latter, please!

7. book blogs - How else am I going to find out about awesome new books to read?

6. the e-library - I can't afford to buy a ton of books, so it's nice to occasionally find stuff I've been yearning to read on the library's site.

5. not being in school - When I was in school, there was usually assigned reading.  Nothing took the joy of the printed word away from me more quickly or easily than being forced to read boring books.  Now I can read whatever I want... and I love that.

4. Goodreads - It's got all the publishers, publication dates, page counts, and synopses... in short, all the information that I need for my reviews, all in one place.

3. the explosion of the YA category - Most of what I read and enjoy is young adult, so it's great to have so much choice.  I guess this could also be a negative, though; sometimes there's too much choice!

2. e-book reading software - Adobe Digital Editions, Kindle for PC, and Kobo...  I wouldn't be reading any e-books if it weren't for these three programs.  (My Kobo e-reader is currently buried under a stack of physical books... with a dead battery.)

1. earplugs - I'm not one of those people who can read with lots of noise and distractions all around them.  If I didn't have a way to block out the world, I wouldn't get much reading done at all.

4 comments:

  1. Hahah no. 8 made me laugh, so true though! I stopped watching TV a long time ago and mainly due to me having no time and there was nothing interesting on. But that just gives us more time to read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not being in school is nice! In college, I never had time to read for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, earplugs! I'm one of those people who can tune out with a book, but I need total darkness when I sleep, so I know how that feels.

    My problem with crappy offerings on TV is that I just end up watching them anyway...

    Awesome list. Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate having to use the dictionary when I read; it makes me feel stupid and it cuts off my focus on reading XD

    Thanks for dropping by my TTT! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete