Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is Top Ten Books With X Setting. I've already seen a bunch of lists for "boarding schools" and "dystopias", so I'm going to choose something different. So many books are set in the United States... so, for this list, X is going to stand for "other than the U.S.A.":
10. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry - Set in Denmark in 1943.
9. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder - Set in Norway in the present day.
8. Word to Caesar by Geoffrey Trease - Set in Imperial Rome in the 2nd century.
7. Jane of Lantern Hill by L. M. Montgomery - Set in Prince Edward Island in the 1930s.
6. Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden - Set in Australia in the present day.
5. The Lost Crown by Sarah Miller - Set in Imperial Russia during World War I.
4. Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare - Set in Sicily in the 1500s.
3. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith - Set in England in the 1930s.
2. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - Set in Wales in the present day.
1. Tiger Moon by Antonia Michaelis - Set in India in the early 1900s.