Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Ladybug Looks Back... January 2015

Looking back...

I will be the first to admit that this recap is a little bit pathetic.  January was a busy month for me, though not in a reading sense (unfortunately).  There was a long visit from a family member, as well as numerous appointments that took me away from home (and my books... that's the problem with reading most novels on your computer).  I even spent a couple of long stretches without accessing the Internet at all!  It's kind of cool to know that I can still do that, that I'm not so addicted that I can't unplug every now and then.  But, oh, it sure makes for a pile of crap to wade through in the e-mail inbox when you finally do come back!  Junk mail filters really don't do as good of a job as they should.

I only managed to finish and review one book this month, and that was Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.  I wasn't really thrilled with that one, though I've been told that the story picks up in subsequent books.  In that case, I may try Crown of Midnight at some point... though maybe not for a while.

Despite all the busyness of the past month, I did manage to participate in Top Ten Tuesday a couple of times.  The first topic was the Top Ten Most Anticipated Debut Novels For 2015.  The second topic was a freebie, so I chose to list the Top Ten Books That Everybody Loved... Except Me.  As you can probably tell, I'm still annoyed with The Fault in Our Stars.

And, since it was the beginning of the year, I also signed up for the 2015 Reading Challenge on Goodreads.  This year, my goal is to read 25 novels.  I read a few more than that last year, so I think that number is probably manageable... well, as long as I don't have any other busy months like this past January!

Looking ahead...

I'm almost finished reading All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill.  I was hoping to finish and review it in January, but that just wasn't in the cards.  So that review will be coming soon.

My next read is going to be Watch the Sky by Kirsten Hubbard.  It's a NetGalley book, so I really want to get to it sooner rather than later.  I haven't read any middle grade novels in a while, so that'll be a nice change of pace.

And then I'm hoping to start Unwind by Neal Shusterman, because when I wrote about adding it to my TBR pile, so many people said how good it was.  I'm looking forward to reading that one.


How was your January?
Let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I look forward to reading your review of All Our Yesterdays! I really loved that book xD

    Here's to an amazing Feb! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And the same to you. :)

      I'm really enjoying that book so far. I'm almost done!

      Delete