Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Ladybug's Top Reads of 2011

I actually read more books than I thought I would this year.  While I tend to gravitate toward young adult fantasy, many of the books I read were from different genres (or for different age groups)... including some of my top-rated reads for the year.  Overall, I finished 34 books.  There were only 3 DNFs.

These books made the top of my list (there are 11 because the last two were tied in rating):

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
My Review
Buy The Art of Racing in the Rain from Kobo

Room by Emma Donoghue
My Review
Buy Room from Kobo

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
My Review
Buy Ship Breaker from Kobo

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
My Review
Buy The Adoration Of Jenna Fox from Kobo

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
My Review
Buy The Day Before from Indigo

Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai
My Review
Buy Inside Out and Back Again from Kobo

The Lost Crown by Sarah Miller
My Review
Buy The Lost Crown from Indigo

The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
My Review
Buy The Magician's Elephant from Indigo

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
My Review
Buy Peter and the Starcatchers from Indigo

God Went to Beauty School by Cynthia Rylant
My Review
Buy God Went To Beauty School from Kobo

Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury
My Review
Buy Wrapped from Indigo

Honourable mentions (all rated 4 ladybugs or above):

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
My Review
Buy I Heart You You Haunt Me from Kobo

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
My Review
Buy Shiver from Kobo

Eli the Good by Silas House
My Review
Buy Eli the Good from Kobo

Charlotte Sometimes by Penelope Farmer
My Review
Buy Charlotte Sometimes from Kobo

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I am definitely going to read Before I Fall as my first read of the year. I LOVE Lisa Schroeder, my favourite so far has been I heart you You haunt me but I have seen Before I Fall on many lists so far, exciting.

    I'm still on the fence on if I should read Room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a few of these are on my TBR list and I'd really like to get to them. So many books to read! Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I really adored The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder. Such a great book and story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Adoration of Jenna Fox was lovely! I haven't read all the others, but I have to! They sound so great!

    ReplyDelete