Saturday, February 7, 2015

New to the TBR Pile (16)



Borrowed from the library:
Beastkeeper
by Cat Hellisen

Sarah has always been on the move. Her mother hates the cold, so every few months her parents pack their bags and drag her off after the sun. She’s grown up lonely and longing for magic. She doesn’t know that it’s magic her parents are running from.

When Sarah’s mother walks out on their family, all the strange old magic they have tried to hide from comes rising into their mundane world. Her father begins to change into something wild and beastly, but before his transformation is complete, he takes Sarah to her grandparents—people she has never met, didn’t even know were still alive.

Deep in the forest, in a crumbling ruin of a castle, Sarah begins to untangle the layers of curses affecting her family bloodlines, until she discovers that the curse has carried over to her, too. The day she falls in love for the first time, Sarah will transform into a beast... unless she can figure out a way to break the curse forever.

Bought from Amazon.ca:
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)
by Marissa Meyer

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive. Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.


What's new to your TBR pile this week?  Let me know in the comments!

11 comments:

  1. I really need to start the Lunar Chronicles series - I've heard nothing but good things.
    By the way, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogging Award. You can check it out here - http://elenasquareeyes.com/2015/02/07/the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Cinder last year, and wasn't that impressed with it. But I've had numerous people tell me that the series gets better, so I'm going to give Scarlet a try. I found it for a good price, so I figured, "Why not?"

      Thanks for the nomination! :)

      Delete
  2. I got The Remedy and A Summer of Chasing Mermaids! I loved Scarlet, I actually have 2 copies, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of either of those! Off to Goodreads to check them out...

      Delete
    2. THE REMEDY IS AMAZING [this is me after finishing it]

      Delete
  3. SCARLET!!! YAAAAY! That's my favourite of the series so far. I think it was because we get introduced to Thorn and I just love and adore Thorn. XD I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must find out who this Thorn person is... I hope he's more interesting than Kai!

      Delete
  4. Ooh you got some great new reads, girl! I'm curious to hear what you think of Beaskeeper. It has such a nice cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it at the library, and it must've been brand new because there were no holds on it or anything. It should count toward the Fairytale Retelling Challenge (which I really need to get started on)!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for you to read Scarlet because THEN YOU CAN READ CRESS. And Cress is too amazing for words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope I can find it at the library or for a discounted price. I hate being held up in my series reading because I can't get access to the next book!

      Delete