Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From.  One of these is going to be a little embarrassing... but that's just because I couldn't come up with any others.  I have lots of different books by lots of different authors; I don't have lots of books by lots of the same authors:

Kelley Armstrong - I read The Darkest Powers trilogy (The Summoning, The Awakening, and The Reckoning) and I own all three books.  It's one of the few YA trilogies I've actually finished.

Alison Baird - This is the author of my favourite YA trilogy, The Willowmere Chronicles.  The three books are The Witches of Willowmere, The Warding of Willowmere, and The Wyrd of Willowmere.

Diana Wynne Jones - There are five of her books sitting on my bookshelf: Eight Days of Luke, Fire and Hemlock, Hexwood, The Homeward Bounders, and Howl's Moving Castle.  I also owned The Game and The Time of the Ghost at one point... but I got rid of them (they didn't match the covers of all the others, anyway).

Gail Carson Levine - I only own four of her books (Ella Enchanted, Ever, Fairest, and The Two Princesses of Bamarre), but I've read more than that.  Her fairytale retellings are so cute!

Lesley Livingston - I've only read three books from this author, a trilogy which I own in paperback: Wondrous Strange, Darklight, and Tempestuous.

Ann M. Martin - She wrote The Baby-Sitters Club series (well, her name was on them, at least).  These are packed away somewhere, so I'm not sure how many I have... or if I got rid of them at some point.  But I know that I had quite a few!

Stephenie Meyer - Yes, I own the four books of the Twilight series (I refuse to call it a saga) in hardcover.  Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn are my "how-not-to-write-a-book" books.  That's my excuse for why they're sitting on my bookshelf.

A. A. Milne - I have four of his books, part of a set: Winnie-the-Pooh, The House at Pooh Corner, When We Were Very Young, and Now We Are Six.  I've had them since I was a baby, and they're still sitting on my bookshelf.

L. M. Montgomery - These ones are packed away somewhere, and I'm not sure I could find them if asked to do so!  But I know I had, at some point, at least ten of her books: Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island (which I never finished; hey, I was nine... give me a break!), Emily of New Moon, Emily Climbs, Emily's Quest, Pat of Silver Bush, Mistress Pat, Jane of Lantern Hill, and Chronicles of Avonlea.

Maggie Stiefvater - I have Shiver in hardcover, Linger as an e-book (which I've never read), and The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves as Kindle editions.

6 comments:

  1. I still need to read Diana Wynne Jones. I'm embarrassed how long Howl's Moving Castle has sat on my shelf unread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! Read it! Howl's Moving Castle is one of her best. It's a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. I have Diana Wynne Jones, L.M. Montgomery, and Stephenie Meyer on my list as well! Not sure how long Stephenie Meyer will stay on my list, as I have my doubts about the Twilight series being part of my permanent collection, but hey, she's there at the moment.

    Have you read Anne of the Island since then? It's a really sweet read :)

    My Top Ten list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I actually haven't read an L. M. Montgomery book in years. One of these days, I really should read the whole Anne series. Now that I'm older, I'd probably get more out of them. (I don't really remember much about my first reading of Anne of Green Gables; I was only seven or eight!)

      Delete
  3. I Loved the Emily books - I re-read them a lot in middle school. And the BSC a few years before that. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't discover Emily until I was in university. I think I got more out of them reading them at that time than I would've done if I'd read them earlier (since the age progression in the books is quite striking).

      Delete