Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In My Mailbox (16)


This week, I got a book I've been looking at for a while. It's a self-published work, but I'm already impressed by the professional look of the cover. The story sounds intriguing, too.

I'm in a rabbity mood, I guess. We've got our own "rogue" bunny living in our backyard; it looks much like the rabbit on the cover. It's fun to just watch it eat the weeds that are growing in the lawn (and the weedy lawn is probably the reason why he took up residence in our yard rather than in the neighbours').

Basajaun
by Rosemary Van Deuren

In the world of the rabbits, she is hailed as a savior. In the world of men, a holy man wants her dead. She is twelve years old. In an isolated European farm town in 1906, a Pastor known as 'the rabbit killer' is preaching that the overrun of rabbits is a parallel for sin and corruption. But when Cora - a farmer's daughter - befriends a rogue rabbit named Basajaun, she becomes enmeshed in a hierarchy of sentient rabbit armies and ceremony. Soon the secret behind the rabbits' plight is unraveling, and Cora is fighting to save the lives of those she loves - as well as her own.



What was in your "mailbox" this week?



In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren.

1 comment:

  1. I love rabbits for some reason and never turn away from a book that features them as characters. I'm going to have to check this one out. Thanks for the headsup.

    ReplyDelete