Saturday, November 16, 2019

Review - During the Dance

During the Dance
by Mark Lawrence
Date: 2004
Publisher: Mark Lawrence
Reading level: A
Book type: short story
Pages: 9
Format: e-book
Source: author's website

A short story about a child with a gift for seeing past the world.

(synopsis from Goodreads)



I hadn't read anything by this author before. This short story didn't really help me make up my mind as to whether I want to try one of his novels, either. It was just okay, with some questionable comma use and an ending that seems more hokey than profound. But I didn't hate it, so I might try something else of his in the future.

Plot: 3/5
Characters: 3/5
Pace: 3/5
Writing & Editing: 2/5
Originality: 3/5

Enjoyment: 2/5

Overall Rating: 2.57 out of 5 ladybugs

No comments:

Post a Comment