Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Review - Striped Pajamas (DNF)

Striped Pajamas
by Fırat Yaşa
Date: 2019
Publisher: Europe Comics
Reading level: A
Book type: graphic novel
Pages: 98
Format: e-book
Source: NetGalley

After being fished out from the cold currents of the Bosporus, an enigmatic young man barely hangs onto both life and reality. Having lost all memory of who he is, he comes to be identified by his outfit: Striped Pajamas. As he embarks on an insightful quest to discover himself, his consciousness gets entangled in a love story that sways between fantasy and reality—a story that steadily approaches the truth.

(synopsis from Goodreads)

DNF @ 27%

I started reading this back in September and then stopped. It was just so weird. The main character looks like a Muppet, and there are weird animal-human hybrids running around. When I came back to it a few days ago, I was totally lost. The story hadn't grabbed me, and I had no idea what was going on.

Based on the title, my guess is that all this weirdness is some sort of nocturnal dream. But I'm not interested enough to keep reading and find out.

Thank you to NetGalley and Europe Comics for providing a digital ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment