Thursday, September 5, 2019

Review - I Love You Like No Otter

I Love You Like No Otter
by Rose Rossner
illustrated by Sydney Hanson
Date: 2020
Publisher: Sourcebooks Wonderland
Reading level: C
Book type: picture book
Pages: 24
Format: e-book
Source: NetGalley

There's no better way to say "I love you" than with a sweet and heartfelt animal pun! I Love You Like No Otter combines a warm message of love with beautifully illustrated animals, making it the perfect gift for Valentine's Day and all year round!

I love you like no otter,
You truly are the best.
My special little squeakheart,
A step above the rest.


We make the purrrfect pair,
Together every day.
Pawsitively amazing,
In every single way.


(synopsis from Goodreads)

I don't know whether to say "aww" or to groan and roll my eyes. This book is so punny... but in the most adorable way!

I Love You Like No Otter combines short, pun-filled rhymes with the most adorable illustrations of little animals and their parents. Everyone looks so cute and fuzzy and huggable. I can totally see this working as a bedtime book, because of its sweet rhymes and gentle illustrations.

It's a simple book, but it works. It would make a nice baby gift, too.

Thank you to NetGalley and Sourcebooks Wonderland for providing a digital ARC.

Premise: 4/5
Meter: 3/5
Writing: 4/5
Illustrations: 4/5
Originality: 4/5

Enjoyment: 4/5

Overall: 3.86 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment