Monday, March 11, 2019

Review - The White Wood

The White Wood
by M. G. Buehrlen
Date: 2018
Publisher: author
Reading level: YA
Book type: short story
Pages: 2
Format: e-book
Source: "The White Wood"

(read it at the author's website)

This short story, available on the author's website, reads a bit like a fairy tale. For me, it's reminiscent of "Hansel and Gretel", or even Leigh Bardugo's "The Witch of Duva". It's very short, though, and just tantalizing enough to leave me wanting more... and feeling a little disappointed that this is all there is.

Buehrlen's writing is decent and easy to read. I was hoping this little tidbit would help tide me over until she releases the next book in her Alex Wayfare series. But I'm still just as hungry as ever!

Plot: 3/5
Characters: 3/5
Pace: 3/5
Writing & Editing: 3/5
Originality: 3/5

Enjoyment: 3/5

Overall Rating: 3 out of 5 ladybugs

2 comments:

  1. See, that's my average experience with short stories...especially REALLY short stories. The wanting more bit...it's not that they aren't good, but the more factor brings me down. Glad it was enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really short stories have to be really great for me to love them. Otherwise, I feel kind of cheated!

      Delete