Thursday, April 24, 2014

Booking Through Thursday (26)



Booking Through Thursday asks:

Do you have a favorite book? What do you say when people ask you? (This question always flummoxes me because how can you pick just one, so I’m eager to hear what you folks have to say.)

And, has your favorite book changed over the years??

Actually, I'm not sure if I've ever been asked this question.  Maybe somebody asked me years ago... but I don't really remember.

I don't really have one favourite book.  There are a few books that always seem to show up in my Top Ten Tuesday posts.  The list hasn't really changed that much in recent years; I don't re-read books, so once a book makes it onto my list of favourites, it tends to stay there.

Some of my very favourite books are:

A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Fire and Hemlock by Dianna Wynne Jones
Tiger Moon by Antonia Michaelis
Trader by Charles de Lint
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
The Willowmere Chronicles trilogy by Alison Baird

If someone were to ask me this question, I'd probably list the above books and tell them which ones they must read for themselves.  Then the asker would probably regret having asked me in the first place...

1 comment:

  1. I really adored Warm Bodies tho admittedly the ending was unexpected. I am about to read the second book to. A Certain Slant of Light!

    ReplyDelete