Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait to Get My Hands On. Let me preface this by saying that I'm not really feeling much love for sequels at the moment. I've been disappointed too many times lately, so I'm not exactly itching to read any second (or third or fourth) books in a series. That said, here are some sequels that I wouldn't mind reading (and that I hope I would enjoy):
10. The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater - The Raven Boys wasn't the best book I've read all year, but it wasn't the worst. And I do kind of want to find out what happens, and if a certain plotline will eventually be played out (or if it will continue to be ignored).
9. The New Hunger (Warm Bodies #0.5) by Isaac Marion - Okay, so this is technically a prequel, but I didn't know about it until after I'd already read Warm Bodies. There is going to be an actual sequel to Warm Bodies, but not for a while; it doesn't even have a title yet!
8. Under the Light (Light #2) by Laura Whitcomb - This one came out back in May, and I've yet to read it. The first book, A Certain Slant of Light, is one of my favourite books, and Laura Whitcomb seems to be a dependably good writer, so I really want to read this particular sequel!
7. The Fox Inheritance (Jenna Fox Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson - I really enjoyed The Adoration of Jenna Fox, so I'd like to find out what happens in this next chapter, which sounds like it focuses on Jenna's friends.
6. World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2) by Susan Ee - It was a little cheesy and I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I enjoyed Angelfall... but I do want to find out what happens next!
5. Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2) by Laini Taylor - Do I really have to explain this one? That was one intense ending in Daughter of Smoke & Bone; of course I have to see how it plays out!
4. Dreamquake (The Dreamhunter Duet #2) by Elizabeth Knox - The first book, Dreamhunter, had a really different feel to it, and I found that refreshing. I'd like to find out what happens to the characters and the intriguing world that Knox built.
3. Frozen Heat (Nikki Heat #4) by Richard Castle - I'm a little bit behind on my Nikki Heat reading. I've been hesitant about this one because the ghostwriting seemed to change (for the worse) in the third book, and I don't know if I have it in me to slog through all that mediocre writing. Probably the main reason why I would consider it is because of how the third book, Heat Rises, left off...
2. Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica #2) by Beth Fantaskey - I have this one sitting in my TBR pile, and I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. So many books, so little time... I found Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side to be a delightful surprise; I hope Book #2 lives up to my expectations!
1. Hollow City (Miss Peregrine #2) by Ransom Riggs - I thought Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was deliciously creepy and pretty unique, so I'm definitely interested in reading a sequel... especially if it turns out to be as good as the first book!