Friday, December 23, 2011

Faves of TwentyEleven Book Awards - The Covers

Here's another contribution to inkcrush's meme.  It almost seems like covers are getting better and better as time goes on... like mini works of art!




This is probably my favourite cover of 2011.  I love the colours and the cute little figure standing in the breeze.

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
This cover is really pretty, with metallic lettering and some sparkles. Very cute and perfect for a Peter Pan prequel.

Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury
The colours are what drew me to this cover. I haven't seen too many historical novels with illustrated covers, so this one definitely caught my attention.

The Lost Crown by Sarah Miller
This book has a pretty cover on the front... but also on the spine (a background of pearls) and back (a photo of three other girls).  As a bonus, it also has photos of the real Romanov family inside.

Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston
While this isn't my favourite cover of the three book in this series, it's still rather pretty.  I like the ethereal look of all three covers.

Breathless by Lurlene McDaniel
Though I didn't really like this book, the cover was one of the reasons I picked it up in the first place.  The colours are gorgeous and the photo fits the title and subject matter very well.

Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
Though I ended up not really liking this one, I still love the cover. The chilly colours and snowflake patterns really help set the mood.

Evil? by Timothy Carter
This cover is pretty unique, being turned 90 degrees. It's certainly eye-catching.

Eli the Good by Silas House
This book evoked a hot summer in Kentucky very well.  The cover continues in the same vein.  I love the light coming through the branches.

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
This cover is simple, but very effective. You can tell pretty much right away what the story is going to be about. The casual, handwriting-like script for the title is a nice touch.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of 'Inside Out and Back Again' but the cover is absolutely stunning.
    I quite like 'Wrapped' too.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful covers! You're right, covers just keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous covers - I love Inside Out and Back Again's cover, I hadn't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete